Wine for Dragons

Singapore Wine Blog... Wine Reviews and Tastings... Review of Wine bars and Wine accessories...

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Wine Vineyard Visit : Pettavel (Geelong Australia)

-

By the way, I have not realised that this blog is already 2 years old!
A big thank to those who have continuely been back to join me in my wine adventures.
So here's another on my recent trip to Aussie land...
This restaurant, wine cellar and vineyard are about 20 mins away from Geelong city. I must say that the service is impeccable, from the lady who opened the door & welcomed me to the gentleman who served the wine tasting samples. The food is exquisite with several choices from a host of entrees to a full banquet set of soups, appetizers, mains and dessert. The first dish is the entrée that was on the house, a smoked trout with blue crab topped with chives and herbs. The second dish is the venison served with mashed potatoes and figs. They have a very nice perfumed pinot noir and a lychee almond smooth late harvest Riesling, however I opted for the below dark intense Shiraz blend for the meat dish I had.
2004 Southern Emigre Shiraz Viognier

Lifted perfumed aromas, vibrant rich plum and fruit flavours with spicy shiraz complexity and integrated fine grain french oak. Abundant ripe sikly tannins fill the mid palate and provide length. Drink now with red meat dishes and cheese platters.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home