Wine for Dragons

Singapore Wine Blog... Wine Reviews and Tastings... Review of Wine bars and Wine accessories...

Monday, March 03, 2008

Wine Entry : Aleatico Maremma Toscana Indicazione Geografica Tippica 2006 (Italian)

-
On the recommendation of the staff at The Wine Gallery located near Leng Kee, I purchased this bottle of unique sweet red. Sweet whites are reasonably easy to find, however sweet reds are rarer. It has 11% of alcohol, fairly light purplish colour, came in a 500ml bottle and cost my wallet 49 dollars. We were a little afraid that it was going to taste like port, but thankfully it didn't and was much milder.

Smell : Fragrant rose flora and candided apple scents.

Taste : Coy delicate sweetness, akin to plum juice with some lush ripen red apple flavours. However it had a slight medicinal bitterness near the end of the middle palate.

After-taste : Confident, subtle acidity structure at the end. No tannins making it comfortably easy-drinking.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Someone gave me this bottle too and now I'm looking for it. I'm glad that I have foudn this on your site. Do you have a clue where I can buy it in singapore?

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger DesDragon said…

    Hi...please contact Nic from the Wine gallery at nic@TheWineGallery
    I am sure he will be happy to help.
    Thanks for reading my blog!

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say that I love this too. Very good wine. Thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home