Wine for Dragons

Singapore Wine Blog... Wine Reviews and Tastings... Review of Wine bars and Wine accessories...

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Wine Entry : BEK-SE JU (Korean)

-

Thought I’d introduce something different today. This bottle of ginseng wine is only available from Korea, (not surprisingly), it is a relatively inexpensive wine in Korea and you can find it in convenient stores and restaurants. It costs about US$ 6. It is also a health tonic and is well suited to accompany their signature dish of Ginseng Chicken Soup or Seafood.
Smell : Light fragrant ginseng, not overpowering

Taste : Delicate acidity ginseng flavours with a warm heartfelt finish.

Description on bottle : Korean traditional wine BEK-SEJU which is brewed with unique method and valuable 12 herbs. ‘Bek Se’ means 100 years old. It doesn’t refer to the age of the wine but the health benefit this wine offeres.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bek seju sounds like "white colour wine' in hokkien to me.:)

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger sm@ll.fry said…

    Hi desdragon!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    Wow you guys are like really serious wine drinkers!

    Personally I prefer beer than wine. Find the taste of wine too fruity so far. And I understand it should be served at room temperature. Another reason why I prefer ice chilled beer...Shiok!@!

    Haha

    Hey can I add a link to your blog in mine?

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger DesDragon said…

    Fishman...thanks for leaving a comment and sharing your drink preference.

    Ice Chilled white wines are also very delightfully refreshing. You should try it sometime :)

    Sure go ahead and make a link to my blog, I will be glad to do likewise

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous MyMystique said…

    Hi DesDragon,looking for some advice..I have an unopened 1979 Korean Ginseng Wine...Laik Wha Brewery co.ltd. It has a huge root inside. Wondering as to its possible value as my Chinese friends really want to drink it.
    Cheers MyMystique

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi-ya i am fresh here, I hit upon this chat board I have found It extremely helpful & it has helped me out alot. I hope to contribute & aid others like its helped me.

    Thank You, See Ya Around

     

Post a Comment

<< Home